Jobs - UL Product Development Engineer
UL Product Development Engineer Roeselare (BE)
What you’ll need:
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree (Electro- Mechanics, Product Design) or you have equivalent experience.
- You have at least 1-2+ years’ of relevant experience in product development.
- Experience with UL certification processes and procedures is an advantage
- You have a thorough knowledge of CAD software, preferably Siemens NX. You have at least general CAD drawing experience.
- You have specific knowledge of industrial development processes in the context of new product development.
- You have experience with coordinating and planning projects. You are able to work independently.
- An analytical mindset with interest in design, an eye for creative alternatives, a strong sense of detail and quality characterize your approach.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes for plastics, metals and alloys, wood or glass are an advantage
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch is a pre.
- You are flexible and enjoy working in a team.
- You are willing to travel quarterly to our factory in the US.
What you'll do:
The UL Development Engineer is responsible for the development and certification of luminaires for the North-American and Canadian market. Important here is daily alignment with the Modular production, quality and procurement departments in the USA.
Customer-specific developments are discussed with your (project) sales colleagues.
You are part of the central r&d department in Roeselare, Belgium.
In the central engineering department you will be responsible for:
- The development of luminaires into feasible products by using Siemens NX CAD system.
- The creation of labels and installation manuals by using Adobe Illustrator
- The generation of a complete product file that will be used by the UL laboratory as start for the certification process.
- The coordination and guidance of the UL testing procedures that are necessary for the development of the products.
- Embedding installation friendly, aesthetically perfect, technically advanced, energy efficient, and Modular design in product developments
- The components of our products can be manufactured from metal, plastic or glass. You follow up your design and continuously assist purchase, quality and production departments so that a timely and smooth production start-up is guaranteed.
- You follow the progress of the development of your products closely. You continuously adjust where necessary to assure a smooth and efficient development process.
- You report to the R&D Manager on a daily basis
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A dynamic, young and growing company with an international character and career opportunities for result- oriented employees. There is a no-nonsense mentality where decisions are quickly made and you receive the support of an experienced manager during your period of training.
- Competitive base salary package (inclusive lunch vouchers, end year gratification, holiday pay).
- 20 days of leave and 9 additional compensation days extra.
- Solid pension scheme (at least 2 different group insurances), and a collective health insurance inclusive dental care (possibility for the members of your family to join at a competitive price).
- Elaborative set of tools to drive your career, free web based trainings and coaching on the job.
- Healthy work-life balance, which means you can enjoy flexible working hours.
Working with Modular
Modular Lighting Instruments (www.supermodular.com), situated in Roeselare, is a statement in the world of high-end architectural designer lighting: non-stop innovating, surprising the customers, being creative with light and products, developing new lighting concepts.
As trendsetters in contemporary architectural lighting, we grew from a small company to a healthy financial organization in 37 years. We are part of the international Signify (formerly Philips Lighting) Group. Our team of 180 employees works in offices and showrooms all over the world and distributes the Modular products in 80 countries.
The central R&D department has worldwide responsibility for the development of new lighting concepts to concrete and feasible luminaires, taking into account the different internal and external manufacturing processes, quality requirements and the expectations of the customers, the product management team and the marketing department.