Jobs - UL Product Development Engineer
UL Product Development Engineer Roeselare (BE)
What you’ll need:
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree (Electro- Mechanics, Product Design) or you have equivalent experience.
- You have at least 1-2+ years’ of relevant experience in product development.
- Experience with UL certification processes and procedures is an advantage
- You have a thorough knowledge of CAD software, preferably Siemens NX. You have at least general CAD drawing experience.
- You have specific knowledge of industrial development processes in the context of new product development.
- You have experience with coordinating and planning projects. You are able to work independently.
- An analytical mindset with interest in design, an eye for creative alternatives, a strong sense of detail and quality characterize your approach.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes for plastics, metals and alloys, wood or glass are an advantage
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch is a pre.
- You are flexible and enjoy working in a team.
- You are willing to travel quarterly to our factory in the US.
What you'll do:
The UL Development Engineer is responsible for the development and certification of luminaires for the North-American and Canadian market. Important here is daily alignment with the Modular production, quality and procurement departments in the USA.
Customer-specific developments are discussed with your (project) sales colleagues.
You are part of the central r&d department in Roeselare, Belgium.
In the central engineering department you will be responsible for:
- The development of luminaires into feasible products by using Siemens NX CAD system.
- The creation of labels and installation manuals by using Adobe Illustrator
- The generation of a complete product file that will be used by the UL laboratory as start for the certification process.
- The coordination and guidance of the UL testing procedures that are necessary for the development of the products.
- Embedding installation friendly, aesthetically perfect, technically advanced, energy efficient, and Modular design in product developments
- The components of our products can be manufactured from metal, plastic or glass. You follow up your design and continuously assist purchase, quality and production departments so that a timely and smooth production start-up is guaranteed.
- You follow the progress of the development of your products closely. You continuously adjust where necessary to assure a smooth and efficient development process.
- You report to the R&D Manager on a daily basis
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A dynamic, young and growing company with an international character and career opportunities for result- oriented employees. There is a no-nonsense mentality where decisions are quickly made and you receive the support of an experienced manager during your period of training.
- Competitive base salary package (inclusive lunch vouchers, end year gratification, holiday pay).
- 20 days of leave and 9 additional compensation days extra.
- Solid pension scheme (at least 2 different group insurances), and a collective health insurance inclusive dental care (possibility for the members of your family to join at a competitive price).
- Elaborative set of tools to drive your career, free web based trainings and coaching on the job.
- Healthy work-life balance, which means you can enjoy flexible working hours.